Alumni and friends who make a commitment to the future support of SDSU are honored with membership in the Sylvan Circle, a recognition society for planned and deferred giving, today or in memoriam.
The recognition society takes its name from the Coolidge Sylvan Theatre, one of the treasured landmarks on the SDSU campus.
The Sylvan Circle
Membership in the Sylvan Circle is available to those individuals who have arranged and documented a non-contingent gift to go directly to the SDSU Foundation for future support of South Dakota State University in their estate and financial plans.
- A bequest in a will or revocable living trust to the South Dakota State University Foundation.
- Designating the SDSU Foundation as beneficiary of a life insurance policy, an IRA or other retirement plan.
- A life income agreement, such as a charitable trust or charitable gift annuity.
- A life estate in a residence or farm with the Foundation as the ultimate recipient.
Sylvan Circle Members will receive:
- Permanent recognition as a Sylvan Circle member
- Inclusion in a lifetime giving society based on the estimated or actual value of the planned gift combined with all other lifetime gifts and credits
- Listing of member names in the annual Foundation STATELY Review
- Listing of member names on the SDSU Foundation Planned Giving website
- An invitation to the annual Sylvan Circle recognition luncheon
- A lapel pin given to each member recognizing their membership
- Special university publications, reports and notification of events
- The satisfaction of helping assure future quality at South Dakota State University
Please contact the Office of Gift Planning if you've named SDSU in your estate plan. We would like to recognize you for your generosity and commitment by inviting you into the Sylvan Circle.