IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can impact SDSU and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to the SDSU Foundation
May satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
Disclaimer: The RMD is waived for IRA and other qualified retirement plan owners for the year 2020. Click here for more information on the CARES Act.
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of SDSU
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to the SDSU Foundation.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the SDSU Foundation to support the area most important to you.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.Download the FAQ Sheet